Monday 29 April 2013

You don't bring me flowers..........

Well actually, 'im indoors may not but some of our guests do and last Friday got off to a great start with the arrival of guests bearing flowers - not just any flowers but a balloon bunch. Fabulous. Rich and his family and friends were returning to Great Gutton for their first weekend  "Gathering" as part of City Life Church Exeter. It was all go as they and our other guests settled in with the promise of sunshine for at least part of the weekend. Now' I'm not saying the BBQ's all came out and folk were sunbathing but I did spot some bare feet in flip flops and there was the odd shiny red nose on Sunday morning. The group marked their gathering with the planting of a tree and so first off they dug up the old tree that 'im indoors had mistakenly slaughtered with some over enthusiastic strimming and replaced it with a Sorbus Commixta Embley to be precise, but to you and me, a Rowan Tree. I now feel the weight of responsibility in getting it to flourish and grow amidst attack from errant strimmers, run away sheep and general neglect. I accept the mission.......


No comments:

Post a Comment